Friday, February 12, 2010

Vacation

I get next week off from school. Guess what I'll be doing.
I'll be shut up in my room, with a red ultra fine point sharpie, a clipboard, and a 100-and-change page long manuscript. Everyone cross your fingers that I don't die from ink fumes.
Editing, I've heard, can be very rewarding, and I'm looking forward to that. I've already identified a few big plot holes to take care of, and more or less every character and scene can be improved upon or else removed. I've also heard that it can be very tiring, and that plus the bout of minor quasi-sickness I had a few days back has prompted me to start regulating an actual sleep schedule.
After I do the editing, I'll spend all my free time feeding the edits into the computer copy and writing the new and improved epilogue. (I scrapped the old one. It was awful. Just awful.)
My editing checklist, as of now, is as follows:

~Fix the plothole involving Legion collecting "hellbound" souls even though all souls should be going to Limbo
~Develop Tobias's relationship with his stepfather, and possibly institute Samael as a substitute father figure
~Take out some of the mushy scenes. There are just too many.
~Get rid of some of the needless battles
~Improve the palace in Limbo, greatly

No one gets to read my manuscript until I've edited it at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment